At present, we engage with over 40 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business suppliers in our supply chain. We partner with these businesses through Supply Nation, Australia’s leading supplier diversity organisation that connects Australian corporate and government organisations with registered and certified Indigenous Suppliers, and of whom we are a proud founding corporate member.
Since 2017, we have spent more than $8 million with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses and established relationships with eight new Indigenous owned businesses. Our spend with Supply Nation Indigenous-owned businesses has grown 180% on average per year since our membership began in 2009.
We have received several awards from Supply Nation and other industry bodies that recognise our success in this area.
As part of our ongoing efforts towards ensuring supplier diversity, we also:
- Identify and provide flexibility and innovation in supply solutions for our clients
- Invest in a National Diversity team that assists in identifying new and emerging Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander businesses
- Established dedicated Supplier Diversity champions managing existing supplier relationships at the first and second tier level
- Establish targets for key areas of spend in order to exceed the Australian Government’s Indigenous Procurement Policy target
- Actively attend and participate in conference and trade events which promote connections between our buyers, clients and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander suppliers and businesses
- Partner with federal government to deliver commercial support and investment funding to Indigenous SMEs