Variety is the spice of life!
Are you an aspiring Chef looking for a full time Apprenticeship opportunity that will allow you to gain a nationally recognised qualification?
Compass Group is the global leader in catering and support services. We employ more than 11,000 people in Australia who work across 600+ sites nationally. Although we are a large organisation, food is core to our business, and as a result we have a large team of experienced Chefs (more than 1000!) who are key to our success.
The 2021 Chef Apprenticeship will be a new program that will see you rotate across a number of venues and/or locations over the three years. This will offer you the opportunity to develop a broad range of skills and expand your knowledge of cuisines, service types, kitchen operations and compliance and safety procedures.
You will work with some of our senior Chefs, have the leadership and guidance of a Culinary Mentor and be supported by our Apprenticeship Program Manager for the duration of your Apprenticeship.
Apprenticeships available in Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra and Melbourne
Details of the Apprenticeship
- Three-year apprenticeship resulting in a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- You will work on a range of placements in our Urban Sectors – working in our Education, Healthcare and Corporate and Leisure sectors
- Client sites will be city or metropolitan based – all sites will be accessible by public transport (own vehicle is an advantage)
- You will complete your training at our partner Culinary Education Providers (Registered Training Organisations)
- Online learning modules and assessments form part of the study program
A bit about you
- You have a genuine passion for food – it’s in your DNA!
- You’re at home in the kitchen and can work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- You are reliable, hardworking, resilient and follow instructions
- You have the capacity & willingness to commit to additional study outside of work hours
- You are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- You have excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Be available to commence your Apprenticeship before the end of 2020
What we can offer you
- You will be trained and mentored by an exceptional team of highly qualified chefs who have developed their passion for food from all over the world
- You will be exposed to cooking in Production Kitchens, along with Functions and Retail, learning the skills and techniques to deliver high quality food across a variety of styles of cuisine
- A nationally recognised Certificate III Commercial Cookery at the end of the training – attendance at our Training Providers begins early 2021
- The opportunity to secure full time permanent employment with Compass Group Australia
If this sounds like you and you’re someone who thrives on new challenges, wants to build on your culinary skills, likes working in a diverse team environment, and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you’ll fit right in and we’d love to have you on our team.
Compass Group embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, men and women of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation and People with Disability to apply.