Are you looking to build your career in hospitality? Are you passionate about food? This is a rare opportunity to work with a prestigious iconic brand. We are now accepting expressions of interest for future roles as Chefs & Cooks for our Melbourne Airport Lounge team.
We are seeking expressions of interest for qualified Chefs and Cooks – creative “foodies”; to work as part of our Airport Lounge team at Melbourne Airport.
- Contributing to the menu planning, food preparation and cooking to culinary standards
- Deliver to our client’s high expectation of a premium experience
- Maintaining a high standard of food hygiene, safety, infection control and cleanliness in accordance with Compass standards
- Maintain a FOH presence and visibility to customers
- Adhere to budget requirements
- Model high standards of performance and behaviour
- Ensure all staff adhere to food safety procedure
- Qualified Chef or cook, with relevant industry experience
- Experience in cost control
- Food safety supervisor certificate will be required
- Solid understanding of cooking techniques with a flair for modern presentation
- Passion for excellent quality food, produce and service; including local specialties
- Versatile and personable professional willing to engage with colleagues and customers
- Complying with hygienic work practices and appropriate HACCP guidelines
- A solution focused attitude, someone who is not afraid to bring ideas to the table and seek feedback from peers
- Must have or be able to complete an ASIC pass
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & traineeships; a competitive salary, recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; site-based benefits; and company discounts.