- Iconic venue – National Gallery of Victoria
- Highly competitive salary
- Melbourne CBD location
Restaurant Associates are world-class hospitality and fine-cuisine professionals, amongst the most highly regarded in contemporary food solutions, service and project management. We are dedicated to providing exceptional culinary experiences to our clients.
Due to expansion within the organisation, we are now looking to onboard an experienced Chef de Cuisine who has a passion for locally sourced and sustainable produce and are keen to showcase their talents across the function, a la carte and retail space.
About the Role:
- Plan and execute a seasonal a la carte menu, drawing upon local providers for inspiration
- Deliver function menus across a range of event types, from wedding to corporate, large and intimate, sit down and cocktail
- Mentor an eager team of culinary enthusiasts
- Stock control and budget management, including labour and wastage
- Champion our safety-first culture
- Be flexible in delivering menus according to dietary requirements
- Above all else, you are a true foodie who delights in being on the cutting edge of culinary trends and cooking techniques
- You have a passion for ethically and sustainably sourced local ingredients
- Previous experience in a high-end environment – function / a la carte
- A hands-on leader who is keen to develop our future culinary stars
- Allergen and dietary focused
Compass Group Australia is one of the largest contract catering organisations worldwide and our focus is our people. We understand that hospitality life can be tough, and we work hard to ensure that you get the work / life balance that we all deserve.
- We have safety-first culture – never be afraid to ‘speak up’ when something doesn’t feel right
- We pay above award and will always reward you for extra time spent in the kitchen
- Career develop and succession planning is our thing – tell us where you want to go with your career, and we will work with you to help you get there
- Great corporate partnerships
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave for eligible team members
As you can see, a career at Compass Group can really take you places!
So, if you are up for a chat, apply now!!!