Chartwell’s philosophy centres on providing tailored, boutique and unique hospitality solutions to the education market. We are passionate about challenging the traditions of these environments by delivering innovative and quality hospitality solutions that reflect the high-street expectations and idiosyncrasies of our market.
You are a dynamic and experienced Head Chef who loves a challenge and thrives on hard work. This is a true all-rounder hands on role in a busy University operation delivering high quality food service.
- Plan, supervise, monitor, and evaluate the food production and menu-based catering
- Successfully managing, mentoring and developing a kitchen team including kitchen hands, cooks and chefs
- Deliver to our client’s high expectations of a premium experience
- Controlling stock, preparing budgets, operating within strict budgetary constraints
- Be accountable for food production of various areas, in accordance with timing requirements
- Champion the significance and accurate implementation of allergy awareness controls
- Maintaining a high standard of food hygiene, safety, infection control and cleanliness in accordance with Compass standards.
- Chef trade’s qualification with demonstrated experience in a comparable venue environment including multi-venue catering
- Will display a proven history of strong logistical experience for requirements across multiple venues, functions and catering requirements
- Drive, personality creative flair and a passion for food
- Experience in leading, mentoring and developing teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must have experience in menu development and costing
- Training and/or accreditation in OH&S and Food Hygiene
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including:
- internal transfers; ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & traineeships
- a competitive salary
- recognition programs including awards
- long service and team event days
- site based benefits and company discounts
- 6 weeks’ paid parental leave for eligible team members!