At Compass Group, we recognise and embrace our responsibility and opportunity to make an enduring and positive contribution to the health and wellbeing of our team members, customers, the communities we work in and the world we live in. We commit to using our influence as an industry leader to learn, share, action and promote activities that support the principles of eradicating modern slavery; this includes those contained in the Modern Slavery Act 2018 (Cth) and the UN Declaration on Human Rights.
Our commitments are at the heart of everything we do and we proudly share our expectation that our people and our supply base must also embrace the same high ethical standards.
Since publishing our policy, Eradicating Modern Slavery in our Supply Chains in March 2019, we have continued to invest in the capability, processes and partnerships required to implement best practices in the detection, investigation and mitigation of risks in our operations and supply chain.
Our passionate approach to the eradication of modern slavery from all supply chains includes:
- The continual review and refresh of our sourcing, contracting and supplier selection processes and technologies through our centralised and globally recognised procurement business, Foodbuy Pty Ltd.
- The active communication of our expectations to all our suppliers and enforcement through our contracts.
- Conducting specific audits through both our own people and through partnerships with industry expert organisations.
- Our investment in targeted training to all our teams, supported by the learnings from Compass Group’s global, multi-disciplinary Human Rights Working Group.
- Providing our people with access to our independently operated helpline ‘SpeakUp’ to report any concerns relating to modern slavery.
- Investigating and addressing concerns identified at the very highest levels of our Australian Executive leadership.
As market leaders in our industry, we are aligned with the intentions behind and are committed to complying with the Modern Slavery Act 2018 (Cth) and we will continue to both invest and take action, with the ultimate goal of eradicating modern slavery worldwide.
You can read our latest Modern Slavery Statement here.